Why be involved?
- Because parents are important and make a real difference to children’s learning – when parents are involved children and young people do better and achieve more.
- To work together with everyone involved in school life – parents, learners, teachers, school staff and the wider community – to support the school.
- To make sure that all parents have a say in their children’s education – and are able to express their views and wishes.
- To build links and involve parents with the wider learning community – nurseries and pre-school groups, other schools and services.
- To listen to what parents want the Parent Council to do and report back to the Parent Forum on your activities and how they can get involved.
The Parent Council’s work is interesting and fun. There is an opportunity for everyone to be involved, and we are always looking for more volunteers! If you wish to join us, either come along to the meetings, or email us at email@example.com. You do not need to be PVG cleared to attend PC meetings (although if you wish to help out in the school you will).
Perhaps you can volunteer some time. Helping in the school – whether it is on the Admin Team helping in the school office or running a reading group – is always required and you’ll be helping your child’s education and relieving pressures on school staff.
You could also:
- Organise a talk about your job or aspects of your profession.
- Run a lunch time club: chess, science, nature, gardening.
- Provide admin support.
- Become a class rep.