- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents.
- To promote partnership between the school, its staff, pupils and parents.
- To provide a conduit to help parents support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To seek the views of parents on the education and welfare of the pupils and use these views to form discussions at Parent Council meetings.
- To establish better communication to parents using technology available e.g. web, email, etc.
- To actively promote fundraising for the enhancement of the pupils in Mile End School.
- To receive gifts and apply for and obtain grants.
The Parent Council is the official body through which the Head Teacher communicates with parents on strategic issues. We also receive communication directly from Aberdeen City Council.
As well as supporting the Head Teacher and staff; attending and sharing information from City Council meetings; the MEPC supported a number of additional initiatives in 2011–12:
- Organized a P6/7 careers fair
- Provided supported for the Community Day in September
- Helped shape the new school website
- Pushed for ACC to draft criteria for an ASN Inclusion Policy
- Coordinated the Grammar School ASG (Associated School Groups) Estate Review
- Reviewed school car parking issues